Aller au contenu principal


During your stay in France, you will have to be insured to prevent the possible risks (accident, problem with housing, etc.). The two main insurances are the following ones:

- Liability insurance coverage

Anyone can unintentionally cause harm to others. Civil liability defined by law, creates the obligation to repair the caused damage. Insurers usually include a personal property liability guarantee in multi-risk home insurance, so be sure to check if your contract includes it.

- Home insurance

The rental risk guarantee is an obligation. The home insurance policy can be done with your bank or a private insurer and an online subscription is often possible:

If you plan to drive during your stay, you will also need car insurance.